When you have a garage door opener installed, it generally comes with an opener that is installed on the wall and two remotes so you can have one in each of two vehicles. While you can get additional remotes from the company, you can also go with a universal garage door remote down the road when one becomes damaged, or you can find you need additional ones. Here are a few reasons you might have to get a spare universal garage door remote:
- Housekeeper- If you have the same person come and clean your home weekly, it can be easier to give them a universal garage door remote so that you don’t have to be there to let them in.
- Childcare provider- If you have a childcare provider who parks in the garage while they are at your home watching your children, they’ll appreciate having their own remote.
- House sitter- When you are away on vacation or a business trip, your house sitter can use your spare universal garage door remote so that you don’t have to shuffle one from your other vehicle. You’ll be able to return home without worrying about how to get into the garage yourself.
- Family members- Adult children often like to have a universal garage door remote for their parents’ home so they can check up on them.
- Neighbor or trusted friend- If you have a neighbor or trusted friend you want to be able to check out your house if something comes up, provide them with a universal garage door remote.
- Jogging- Clip a universal garage door remote on your pocket while you are out for a walk or jogging so you can easily get back in when you get home.
These are just a few of the reasons why you might want a universal garage door remote. If you would like to have one or more for your garage door, reach out to us at HLM Garage Doors & More, LLC. We can also provide you with extras when we install your garage door or make any repairs. Contact us today to learn more.